Friday 15 October 2010

CRUCIBLE art work at Gloucester.



Crucible at Gloucester Cathedral


Today I went to a wonderful exhibition of very fine sculptures in Gloucester Cathedral and in the cloisters and outside in the grounds. Met by a tall statue of Vulcan by Sir Eduardo Paolozzi RA.

After a reviving coffee under the cloisters we made our way inside and quite honestly this was far more spectacular than I had expected. When an old friend had suggested this exhibition as a day out I was keen to go but I was not prepared for the enormity of the impact it would have on me. Having not been to the cathedral for more than twenty years I was also spellbound by the cathedral itself. Far more exciting and 'special' than Worcester with stonework executed by magical stonemasons....


Another visit must be in the offing just to stand in awe at such workmanship and beauty. It was also wonderful to see so many schoolchildren out and about enjoying this fine work.






Sir Eduardo Paolozzi VULCAN



Ralph Brown RA Clochard


Pontius Pilate John Humphries




The Fast Supper








Lyn Chadwick Cloaked Figure



My favourite ....David Mach RA Calvary

No comments:

Post a Comment